Friday, May 4, 2012

Website for landscaping company

Approaching the website for this company, I did a lot of research into what other similar co.s were doing. Well it was easy to do better. Everything was very static and lifeless. Pretty, but sterile. My client was really vested in our community and this was important. In addition I wanted to bring life and family and fun into the picture. The site should be inspired by the joy of being outside! Friends, grilling, dogs, even, believe it or not, gardening!

brand ideas


Wireframe. The whole idea was to make the site feel welcoming and friendly. Starting with a statement from the local owner goes a long way. It also needed to be easy and straightforward, as in: "This is how you do it, 1., 2., 3. Images in the footer would change with the season, keeping it very current and connected with what was happening 'outside'.


Logo inspiration. The owner had a tree on the previous logo. Using a native midwest tree (Burr Oak) seemed a natural evolution. I had the idea of a strong outline for quite a while.




The sitemap in progress

After the behind the scenes work, it was time for the site and making it functional. I imported some javascript to make the portfolio examples work easily.




Luckily I had taken many pictures while designing some of the featured landscapes. They came in handy. I say take pictures! I hope you visit this site yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment